EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE 2016.


Hi beauties! Today's post is going to be about my everyday make up routine! yaay, I've been wanting to post something like this for a long time now and I finally have collected my favorite products to use on everday basis.


1. Moisturizer
You know this step is important. It's important to have a smooth, moisturized skin/face before applying any kinds of make-up. For me personally, i hate it when I use make up without moisturizing my face first because then I would feel so cakey for the rest of the day (somehow) and feels heavy and all, moisturizer just really helps my skin to be more smooth and light and it's great to have a smooth face when you're applying make up. I just pump a bit on my hands and rub it gently all over my face and neck, and let it absorb for a minute on my face!  When you apply moisturizer, you want the moisturizer to really absorb on your skin first. I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, as you know I mentioned this in my August Favorites, I love love this moisturizer, it's so moizturizing and it makes my skin feels really really good. The formula are also great!

2. Primer
Primer is also keeey! This step is important after moisturizer. Primer is going to make sure that your foundation and make up last all day and it prevents cakey-ness! So, I just put it on my finger a lil bit and then rub it gently all over my face especially the redness on my face. I use the Make Over Primer in the green one, because lately my face has been breaking out a lot (sad story huhu) acne causing my face to get so red and the green primer helps to calm the redness on my face. If you dont have redness you can just use any normal primer. There are a lot of good primer out there, drugstore or highend!


3. CC Cream
Moving on, on everyday basis I used to use Maybelline Foundation, but after a while I found this CC Cream by Olay (Actually, my mom gave it to me) And I really love it, Olay always has a great products, they're mostly anti-aging products so the formula is really great! especially this CC Cream, its light, smells really good and it feels like I put nothing on my face! So, I just dot it all over my face, ya know, on my chin, cheeks, nose, forehead and then blend them with my beauty blender! I usually blend them also to my eyelid to just even out my skin tone so there's no weird and different skin colour! Now, you can use foundation or bb cream or cc cream, it's all up to you but in my opinion, for teenager like myself I think it's best to just use CC Cream or Tinted Moisturizer on everyday basis.


(excuse my dirty beauty blender)
4. Concealer
This is everything!! I love concealer so much, it helps remove my under-eye circle and my blemishes! If you don't have under-eye circle, you don't need to use concealer really! But if you do, this is like, very helpful and important step!! So, I just make a triangle shape under my eye and then with my beauty blender again, I blend them all until by-bye under eye! I use the L.A Girls Concealer, I talked about this on my TOP make-up products before and it works wonder! Coverage are great, it feels lightweight on me!


5. Powder
Powder is key to really lock everything in place! You don't want a cakey, creasing foundation/concealer right? So I take my big fluffy brush and sweep it on my powder and just dab it all over my face to really lock everything that I just put in place! I also like to use powder on my neck. I use Maybelline BB Silk, this is I think like a BB Cream but in powder so it has a lil bit of coverage but not so much, it's still natural.


6. Eyebrow
Oh my, this is my number one important and favorite step because honestly though, I HAVE NO BROWS and if you know me, you'll know.. how bad my brows are! (LOL) This is the step where I really changed into a normal-with-brow-person. So I take my eyebrow pencil and draw, really, DRAW my eyebrow! I line my upper brow first and then fill them, and as I fill them in, I line my bottom brow too. I use the Etude Eyebrow Pencil. This is a Korean Brand, and its actually not mine, it's my sister's but since I ran out of mine and haven't had a chance to buy a new one, this is what I use daily.



7. Eyeshadow
So, I just take the pink-ish shimmer shadow and put it all over my lids using my finger, I use the 'City Color Spice Me Up' eyeshadow palette. At first I didnt like it because its all shimmery, but now I kinda do! I also take the white shimmer shadow and put it on my inner-corner to brighten up my eyes so I look awake and not dead!


8. Mascara
You know how it is, so I just curl my lashes, I curl it many times because my lashes are short and when I curl them I hold them for about 10 seconds. I put mascara on my top lashes, I use 2 different mascara, the maybelline falsies one and the other is taiwan brand, (my mom got it for me when she was at Taiwan) usually I dont put mascara on my lower lashes because I am not blessed with a long lashes whatsoever so it was hard putting mascara on my lower lashes. But when I do, I use the taiwan one on my lower lashes because the wand is perfect for it.


9. Blush
Giving my face a little warmth to it but not too much (since my poor face already red! hehe) so I just take my brush and smileee (literally!) and put it on the apples of my cheeks and that is it! I use Missha Blush, again another Korean brand, not really my favorite but I have to use it till it ran out because I dont like wasting make-up (Or, probably gonna just give it to my mom)


10. Highlight
YAS to highlight! So, as you can see by the step, I do not contour or bronze my face, but I go straight to highlight. So I use my finger and I take again the white shimmer on my City Color Eyeshadow Palette and put it on the highest place of my cheeks and on the tip of my nose, the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow, and really blend them so theres no harsh line.


11. Lipstick/Lip balm
I will use Maybelline Color Bloom Lip Balm, using this is also great already because the Maybelline Color Bloom gives a beautiful pink-ish colour on my lips and that really completes my every day makeup routine! Plus, it has SPF!

So, thats it for my 2016 Everyday Make-up routine! In my opinion, it was really simple and light and suitable for everyday basis but you still look nice and awake. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them and as always feedback and blog post suggestions are always welcome! Anyway, catch me on my instagram @violawin.23 ! Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts